The science, clinical efficacy and health economics of ILUSTRA is supported by 23 peer reviewed publications and five meta-analyses.
- Control of inflammation impacts onset and control of several chronic diseases
- IL-1 is a major control point for inflammation; IL-1 genetics influence IL-1 levels and are a validated risk factor for severe periodontitis
- Intensive dental treatment reduces systemic inflammation
- Properly targeted dental treatment demonstrates substantial health economic benefits of medical conditions
Contact us to receive additional information about the studies presented.
- Jeffcoat M, Jeffcoat R, et al. Impact of Periodontal Therapy on General Health Evidence from Insurance Data for Five Systemic Conditions. American Journal of Preventative Medicine 2014;47(2):166-174. (2014).