What Does the ILUSTRA Genetic Risk Test Analyze?
- IL-1 stands for Interleukin-1, a key regulator of inflammation
- IL-1 positive patients produce up to 50% more IL-1 protein. More IL-1 leads to excessive inflammation production, which can lead to multiple serious health conditions. It's like the volume dial is turned up!
- Experts have determined that genetics is a leading risk factor for developing periodontitis, a severe form of gum disease. A genetic predisposition to overproduce IL-1 can lead to chronic inflammation.
- When inflammation persist it can lead to serious medical conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, adverse pregnancy outcomes and many others.
- Enhanced dental care is an easy and effective way to stay ahead of inflammation.